A little late in the game, but maybe one of the best summation of the whole Hobby Lobby legal debacle…
A selection of raw analog-synthesizer music, from noisy lo-fi industrial to melodic synthpop, courtesy of Ghostly’s resident expert on the subject. Art By Michael Cina.
1. “Attack Warning Red” [excerpt] - Civil Defence Program
2. “Entry” - November Növelet
3. “Open & Shut” - Martial Canterel
4. “Blank Clocks” - The Future
5. “Riot Squad” - Vice Versa
6. “Step in Time” - Psychic Youth
7. “Rabies” - Naked Lunch
8. “Speed” - Daily Fauli
9. “F.U. Klaxon” - Beau Wanzer
10. “The Tale of Bernie Woodstein” - Legowelt
11. “Attack Warning Red” [transition] - Civil Defence Program
12. “Wellengenerator” - Im Namen Des Volkes
13. “Protect and Survive” - Civil Defence Program
14. “Automation” - Robert Lawrence & Mark Phillips
15. “33a1”  - John Bender
16. “Television Set” - Television Set
17. “Solarize” - The Rorschach Garden
18. “U?berbeast” - Medio Mutante
19. “It’s About Now” [excerpt] - Cabaret Voltaire
The article starts: “You always have a pair of those cardboard red-blue 3-D glasses by your desk, right? “
I have to admit I keep a pair at home and a pair at work. Makes for a funny conversation piece, too.
The Buchla stops here!
Wallace: Man, whoever invented these, he off the hook!
Wallace: Motherfucker had to bone out all the damn chicken. Till he came along niggers been chewing on drumsticks and shit, getting their fingers all greasy. He said, “leave the bone. Snug that meat up and get some real money.”
Poot: You think the man got paid?…
Wallace: Shit, he richer than a motherfucker.
D’Angelo: Why? You think he get a percentage?
Wallace: Why not?
D’Angelo: Nigger, please. The man who invented them things is just some sad ass down at the basement at McDonald’s, thinking up some shit to make some money for the real players.
Poot: No, man, that ain’t right.
D’Angelo: Fuck right. It ain’t about right, it’s about money. Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down that basement and say, “Hey, Mr Nugget. You the bomb. We selling chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I’m a write my clowny-ass name on this fat-ass check for you.” … Man, the nigger who invented them things – still working in the basement for regular wage thinking of some shit to make the fries taste better.
Wallace: Still had the idea, though.
I don’t know how rich he was, but that inventor really is dead…